Post Page Advertisement [Top]



Jordan Low - The History Buff



Greetings and salutations! Jordan here, talking to you from my humble little corner in Orchan. I am a 26-year-old college graduate from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa. I graduated cum laude with a degree in Arts while majoring in East Asian History.

Whilst I am Malaysian, I have quite the story to tell when it comes to my own history thus far. Despite being a born-and-bred Malaysian, I have barely stayed in this country in the last ten (10) or so years. I’ve spent time in more countries than I can count, learning and improving myself in schools from Canada to Thailand.

I am absolutely fascinated with history. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been drawn to the stories of the past. Reading and researching the what, who, how and why things happened brings me a kind of joy and excitement that I don’t really know how to explain. Be it the seminal tragedy that led to the start of World War I or the transition of Japan from a feudal nation to a modern one, the interpretation of the past holds unlimited possibilities.

Now I know I may be boring some with all this talk of history, but trust me, I most definitely don’t spend all my time burying my face in history books and old documents. I am also a big fan of video games and the video game industry. Despite what others might think, I do believe that video games are the natural evolution of entertainment. Now not only can one enjoy a story, they can interact and influence that story too.

Now enough about me, let me talk about Orchan. As mentioned, I am a fresh graduate. Not only that, I am quite late in entering the workforce. While I would have absolutely have loved to go into history related work, unfortunately for me, there isn’t much opportunity for me to do so in Malaysia. With only a minor background in business, I began looking for a position where I would be dealing with people rather than goods.

A close family friend introduced me to Orchan, and the owners, Farrell and Craig found my background in history and the different perspective it offered interesting. They gave me a chance and brought me onboard and it has been a wild ride since.

It has only been a couple of weeks, but I have learnt a lot from Orchan. I was told I was going to be thrown into the deep end of the pool due to my age and man did they mean it. So far, I’ve been asked to research our potential clients and provide suggestions that may help in providing solutions for said cleints. I’ve researched event venues and social media influencers that I am proud to say, have become part of finalized proposals. I have also been told that I might be able to present parts of the proposals at meetings soon too.

Orchan offers a great opportunity to learn in a friendly and homely environment. So long as you manage your time and are open to learning, you will be able to orchestrate change at Orchan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib